First Tags of 2007

While dealing with Mr Headache, I decided to plough through my usual reading material of your blogs out there. Busy lot that you are ;) Looks like everyone had a pretty good new years, aside from a certain Irishman not liking New Year, or the celebrations in Scotland being cancelled.

While working on a fix for this headache that doesn't involve a doctors appointment, we're working on the "dehydrated" theory. See, if I don't drink much, I get awful headaches and suchlike, so I'm not eating much today, taking rehydration stuff (Dirolyte, for those that don't know, is foul) and drinking plenty of water. No tea or coffee, and caffeine also dehydrates you. So anyway...

I've been tagged already, once by Christine, and once by, erm, someone else. Emma and Deb I think it came from. But still, two tags, one post. Feel free to be tagged and get on with it!


Old Year to New Year:

- First words of the new year:
"Happy New Year, baby!" or something along those lines.

- First drink of the new year:
Jack Daniels and Pepsi.

- First person you called of the new year?
My mum.

- First person that called you in the new year?
Person X...

- First song you listened to in the new year?
Liquido - Narcotic

- New Year's resolution(s)?
Pfft like I've got the willpower to stick to them ;)
I'd LIKE to lose weight, and I'd LIKE to do something creative, but aside from that...

- First thoughts on the new year:
"It's England, it's 2007, it's STILL grey"

- First person you tag this year:
As usual: EVERYONE!

- Hopes for the New Year:
Less physical and emotional pain, more happiness.

- Last words of last year:
"Do you want another drink?"

- Last drink of the new year:
Dirolyte

- Last person you called of the new year?
Doctors surgery!

- Last person that called you in the new year?
Jo's brother, Grant.

- Last song you listened to last year?
Faithless vs. The Prodigy - Insomnia vs. The Funky Shit.

- Last New Year's resolution(s)?
Not sure I made any!

- Last thoughts on last year:
"Why are the twats letting off the fireworks so soon?"

- Last person you tagged last year?
Everyone!
---
Have You Ever:

- smoked a cigarette...
Never.

- smoked a cigar...
The night Jaysen was born.

- crashed a friend's car...
Not yet ;)

- been in love...
Yep

- been dumped...
Just once...

- shoplifted...
I stole a frisbee from a newsagents once.

- been fired...
Yep, and I've since learned they weren't allowed to do so :(

been in a fight...
School fisticuffs notwithstanding, just once.

- snuck out of parent's house...
Many times - and I may go back once day ;)

- had feelings for someone who didn't have them back...
Not as far as I'm aware!

- been arrested...
Once...

- made out with a stranger...
Yes, shockingly!

- gone on a blind date...
Hell no.

- lied to a friend...
Sadly, I haven't - I tell them the cold hard truth... Well, usually!

- had a crush on a teacher/boss...
A PE Teacher at school was universally loved by every male in there...

- skipped school...
Only during Exam time when we were supposed to attend "normal lesson times". Pfft

- slept with a co-worker...
Nope

- seen someone die...
Yes :(

- been to Canada...
Nope

- been to Mexico...
Nope

- been on a plane...
Twice. Once to Spain, and once home again ;)

- thrown up in a bar...
No, I am poliet and wait till I get outside!

- been in an abusive relationship...
Jo abuses me all the time

- taken painkillers...
I take them with additional painkillers!

- laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by...
Yep, sometimes outside too!

- made a snow angel...
Many times, even if it means the angels are somewhat fatter than usual ;)

- had a tea party...
As a kid, probably ;)

- flown a kite...
Thrown one too!

- built a sand castle...
Who hasn't!?

- gone puddle jumping...
See previous answer! hehe

- played dress up...
As a child, yes. As an adult, it's called Roleplaying ;)

- jumped into a pile of leaves...
Jumped, landed, fallen... Whatever!

- gone sledding...
On the few occasions I can remember proper snow, yes!

- cheated while playing a game...
Depends on the game, who with, and what's at stake!

- been lonely...
I like solitude sometimes, but can get lonely.

- fallen asleep at work/school...
Yes to both, both occasions being highly amusing.

- used a fake ID...
No - I just look old!

- watched the sun set...
Of course.

- felt an earthquake...
No, but when I fall, others feel it ;)

- touched a snake...
Yep, used to keep slow-worms until one turned out to be an Adder...

- been tickled...
Again with the "Who Hasn't?!"

- been robbed...
Well, they tried!

- robbed someone...
Taking sweets from the kids - that doesn't count does it?

- been misunderstood...
Daily...

- petted a reindeer...
No, but I stroke a donkey dressed as a reindeer once!

- won a contest...
At school - my first and last time!

- been suspended from school...
Us smart kids don't get suspension.

- had detention...
Yes, but it wasn't my fault.

- been in a car accident...
A few, yes!

- had braces...
No, because the dentist is scary.

- eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night...
I HAVE to finish my ice cream in one sitting or SHE steals it... Honest...

- had deja vu...
My whole life is like one big de ja vu!

- danced in the moonlight...
"Wiggled to a rhythm" maybe ;)

- hated the way you look...
Hello my life!

- witnessed a crime...
Several, from burglary, assault, shoplifting... JOY!

- questioned your heart...
Would it answer if I did?!

- been obsessed with post-it notes...
Nope

- squished barefoot through the mud...
I lived in mud as a child.

- been lost...
Ask Gemma about "exploring the forest in Hockley"

- been to the opposite side of the country...
I went to Wales once - does that count?

- been to the opposite side of the world...
Australia? It's full of convicts! Plus Tim will end up assaulting me!

- swam in the ocean...
Yes, then convinced myself there was a shark in the Med, and legged it out again!

- felt like dying...
Only after a night of drinking the worlds booze supply! Or had a cold...

- ever cried yourself to sleep...
Yes, as child and adult.

- played cops and robbers...
Yes, and again, adults call it "Roleplaying"
And I don't mean "Bedroom Roleplaying" you pervs!

- recently colored with crayons/colored pencils/markers...
Colouring in is very relaxing you know!

- sung karaoke...
Not a chance, never ever!

- paid for a meal with only coins...
A McDonalds maybe.

- done something you told yourself you wouldn't...
A few times I have.

- made prank phone calls...
I'll answer yes if it doesn't come back and bite me in the butt..

- ever laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose...
Happens more often than it should really...

- caught a snowflake on your tongue...
Yep

- kissed in the rain...
Yep - wasn't this in the last taggy thing?

- written a letter to Santa Clause...
As a child, as well as an adult, "helping the kids" hehe

- been kissed under the mistletoe...
A few times.

- watched the sun set with someone you care about...
Yep

- blown bubbles...
Can I say "who hasn't" again?!

- made a bonfire on the beach...
I don't think so.

- crashed a party...
Yep! Twice intentionally, once accidently...

- travelled more than 5 days with a car full of people...
No

- gone rollerskating/blading...
Yep - and the xrays showed a small fracture.

- had a wish come true...
Not too sure...

- worn pearls...
Aside from "no" can I add "EMMA!" Shocking...

- jumped off a bridge...
Yes, but it was a very weeny one

- screamed penis during class/work...
Penis! Anus! Bogies! Whatever seems amusing at the time.

- ate dog food...
It was in the name of science. Rather, drunken science. And ew.

- told a complete stranger you loved them...
As a joke, yes.

- sang in the shower...
Dan no do singy.

- have a little black dress...
Only on the third Friday of the month hehe

- had a dream that you married someone...
Yep

- glued your hand to something...
Not THAT something, but yes, many times.

- got your tongue stuck to a pole...
Ice pole, Peas, frozen meat, freezer door, but never a pole, so no!

- kissed a fish...
Yes, 0ddly enough...

- the opposite sex's clothes...
*cough*

- been a cheerleader...
I've been known to do the odd "Rah Rah!" while waiting in a queue or something dull.

- sat on a roof top...
A lot!

- screamed at the top of your lungs...
Yeps

- done a one-handed cartwheel....
Pffft like I'd do something so, erm... agile.

- talked on the phone for more than 6 hours...
I have once or twice.

- stayed up all night...
Yep, and I often refer to it as Insomnia now.

- didn't take a shower for a week...
Ew, no way. Daily, or at a real push, I'll skip a day but scrub anyway.

- pick and ate an apple right off the tree...
Yep. As well as various fruits, berries and random items too.

- climbed a tree...
Yep, and gravity often got me right back out. And into hospital.

- had a tree house...
Hell yes.

- are scared to watch scary movies alone...
Only because they are usually so fricking DIRE.

- believe in ghosts...
Ghost, Angels, Spirits, whatever you want to call em.

- have more then 30 pairs of shoes...
I've never had more than 3 pairs at any one time!

- worn a really ugly outfit to school/work...
Helloooo, colourblind!

- always played chicken fight...
Erm, huh?

- been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on...
Many times :(

- been told you're hot by a complete stranger...
Only if I am on fire and their guide dog is missing!

- ever broken a bone...
Pretty much all of them!

- been easily amused...
Welcome to my life!

- caught a fish and then ate it...
No, but I caught a fish and accidently pulled it's head off...

- caught a butterfly...
Yep

- laughed so hard you cried...
Quite a lot, yes!

- cried so hard you laughed...
Noooo.

- had someone moon/flash you...
Actually, it happens more than I'd give credit for!

- cheated on a test...
Nope, never.
So there we have it, just three days into new year and the tags are coming already! But please note, I am slowly running out of different meanings for the word "tag" to put up an imagine, and can only think of one more!

Newer Post Older Post

7 Responses to “First Tags of 2007”

Anonymous said...

You are so cute ... those are fun!
Terri

Alan said...

Are we allow to probe as to why you were arrested Dan? Skinny dipping again?

Emma said...

i thought i got that one from you??? where did it come from then?

Emma said...

ooooh i just read what you wrote about the 'pearls' and having known you as long as I have, I know very well that wouldn't shock you - the innocent act doesnt wash with me Mr English!
xxx

Dan said...

I am easily shocked and offended I'll have you know ;)

And no, never been arrested for skinny dipping...

Anonymous said...

He was arrested for something *really really* illegal, mafia stuff, quite scary actually...

OR, he rode his bike through town while trying to get home to pregnant me having a scare - While the police stopped him, 4 kids went shooting past on their bikes...

Nancy Jensen said...

So Dam was involved in the mafia? That explains the shooting... (although our drive-by shootings usually happen in cars - not bikes!) ;-) hehe...

Jo, I had to read that second part twice ... the first time I read it I really thought that 4 kids were shooting guns in Dan's general direction. I guess you can tell I've lived in the good 'ol USA a long time, huh?